8/21/16

Happy days are here again.

OMG y'all! I'm so happy to report I don't feel like shit anymore! At all! Exclamation point!


OK, OK, OK, so like a month ago, shortly after my surgery I was feeling so dizzy I could hardly walk. So in a panic I googled what to do for dizziness. Like, they were addressing mostly feelings of imbalance, like that earth-tilting thing? Mine was more groggy and like when you get up after being on your ass for hours and you get so dizzy you almost fall down? Yeah several times I had that so bad I'd momentarily loose ... awareness? And I'd wake up after a split second in a downward-dog pose (my attempt at not falling over right before I lost it) not remembering where I was or what I was doing. I suppose that counts as fainting hu? Wow what a Victorian heroin am I.

AAANYWAYS so yeah but so I googled and mostly it was crap like "eat something" and "stretch" but one suggestion was iron supplements. Which reminded me ages ago my doctor said I should be taking them anyways. And I asked if you don't just pee all that out and she said only the water soluble stuff. And apparently iron ... it's actual metal... so yeah it takes about a month to kick in and here I am a month later and OHMYGOD.



So yeah when I was little my mom always told me I might be anemic. Decades later, turns out I was. You guys! I feel so good for the first time in ever! You know how you can feel such profound relief that it actually feels like ecstatic joy? Yeah.

 
Also I've been working non-stop for the first time in like, idk, three years? Four? And this tute I'd been putting off ever since I made my last ones, Starry Shards, in 2014 -- I just one day got up and started making it! I'm still working on it now. But it's not like pulling teeth like the last one where I actually paid a friend to write the first draft (by just following whatever she thought was going on in the pictures) cuz that's how much I didn't want to do it. Or was overwhelmed at the prospect. Now I'm writing this one and its... fun? Is that even possible?



OK, it's still going to be a while I have a lot more to go. And all my projects which I always think are quick and self-explanatory always end up becoming encyclopedic tomes, so. In the meantime I managed to photograph these four necklaces.

And thank you guys so much for your suggestions about the necklace with the awkward ring from last post. As soon as I finished that post though I knew I had to fix it or I wouldn't have been requesting suggestions. My solution was to smallen the ring AND change the charms a bit.



Ok but now it has a whole 'nuther problem. I test drove it and the choker that rests against the back of the neck is super scratchy cuz of the wool.

So that bites. I think I'll cut the wool to halfway up the choker and wire wrap it to end there. Good thing I took and edited these before once again changing this damn thing!!! Good thing I'm feeling good and energetic so I don't really mind. I'll get there eventually.


To celebrate how good I feel, here's some happy animals from my ver favorite Instagram account, #petsvideo:
A video posted by Animals (@petsvideo) on
A video posted by Animals (@petsvideo) on

A video posted by Animals (@petsvideo) on
A video posted by Animals (@petsvideo) on
A video posted by Animals (@petsvideo) on

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to take iron too. If not, I get constant headaches and a tendency to faint in public places. I am a delicate flower. I really like all the new necklaces!

darlene said...

Hey doll, so glad you are feeling better and found you solution. Keep on keeping on!

Vintajia Adornments said...

Must be such a weight off your shoulders, mind and soul. Let the creativity reach new heights. xxx

FadeandRemain said...

So glad you're better! Those little things make all the difference and it isn't until you start feeling better that you realized just *how* crappy you felt before.

autena said...

Ditto on the health stuff. Seeing those brighter colors on the first two necklaces just verifies that you're feeling better. All are beautiful, as ever. Love your use of "stuff" on them - makes me happy.

Thoughtfulhands said...

So glad to hear your feeling better, love all the new pieces.

the Vintage Advantages said...

Omgoodness I wonder if that's what my problem is too! I'm perpetually feeling like crap no energy at all. I used to have a rare blood disorder and was anemic too. Gonna try the water soluble iron and it takes a month huh? See if I get better to stalk you again my friend life has got to be better. Your shit rocks but ya know this- Jaylee ps thanks for helping with my tute when you didn't have to but did cuz your super awesumo!!