6/4/14

Vacation Mode Activate!


I'm closing shop for about 3 weeks- don't wanna have to rush back into things after the trip, don't wanna be making packages tomorrow when I should be packing, you see. So yeah, tonight.
Some textured wheels from the burnt nuts batch. they came out all black and puffy but kinda cool as well.

Also made some of these mixing very moist white with very hard blue but not really mixing it all the way.

Since the Chinese factory goods I'd ordered for the girl-cousin gifts never arrived I made them a bunch of simple earrings out of me own beads. Pretty good. Good enough. Plus it's actually something I made so idk...
Last time I got them all those faux vintage pocket-watch necklaces you see all over etsy. Found a shop that had them for like 2 bucks a pop and they were a huge hit. Just having access to cheap and appealing goods is a big deal when visiting lots of family.
So yeah thank you guys for all the encouraging comments on my own beads and stuff, it really makes all the difference. We humans are such gluttons for validation, sigh. 
I'll see you in a few weeks!

9 comments:

Vintajia Adornments said...

Don't ya love the smell of burning nuts?
Have a great trip (Dark tinge of green here)

La Fileuse said...

Enjoy your holidays ! o/

StaroftheEast said...

Enjoy your trip!

Penelope said...

ummm those earrings a like a trillion times better than factory goods! I would actually wear those earrings. And you're not supposed to buy factory junk from etsy, you're only encouraging them! Sleeping with the enemy! Batting for the other side! No wait that's something else. I sentence you to 3 weeks in South America! And bring me back a llama, I love those guys.

Juliette said...

I've missed reading you!! Pretty much moved into our new house now, and now you're going away - have a great trip and post lots of pics XOXOXOXO, Juliette

Unknown said...

Have a wonderful time and the earrings are going to be loved!

Jennifer Valentine Morford said...

Have an amazing trip my sweet!
I have missed you so much.

betweenreader said...

Enjoy your travels and come back with lotsa cool theengs! XOXO, P.

Unknown said...

Uh, have a great vacay! And when you can back, share your found goodies with us (picture-wise)...I wanna see South American authentic awesomeness, bejeweling drooling ferramenta! So...yeah, have a good time for me too ;)