8/4/12

I gotchr listings right 'ere, lady.

Cancer Constellation.  Hot Neon Pink Antique Celluloid Toy in Gold Leaf with Druzy Gemstone Assemblage Pendant Necklace.
Cancer Constellation.
Thirteen of them! Phew!
The Virgin of Empty Eternities. Cosmic Victorian Tribal Pendant Necklace with Druzy, Virgin Mary, Galaxy Nebula.
The Virgin of Empty Eternities.
And if I thought the lighting was bad day before yesterday- well, you should see it now.
We are the Miracle. Cosmic Victorian Gold Leaf Necklace with Quartz,  Galaxy Nebula.
We are the Miracle.
We're in the middle of one of those 'end of days' storms you sometimes see in the midwest. The sky is night-dark yet somehow glowing pale teal/grey ....
Pain So Deep. Cosmic Victorian Tribal Pendant Necklace with Citrine, Virgin Mary, Cosmic Moon.
Pain So Deep.
Last night it just thundered for so long I kept going, "Naw, that's fireworks. ... No, gotta be thunder. No way, totally fireworks." etc. Did I look up from my computer to check? Of course not silly!
Bride of Vast Spaces. Cosmic Victorian Tribal Pendant Necklace with Druzy, Virgin Mary, Galaxy Nebula.
Bride of Vast Spaces. (Check it- I fixed her.)
At one point I considered some kind of bombing as an explanation.
Leaping from the Pinnacle. Cosmic Victorian Tribal Pendant Necklace with Druzy, Virgin Mary, Galaxy Nebula.
Leaping from the Pinnacle.
Any case, all these mofo's are finally up! Phew! Really, I just drove myself nuts working on a zillion different things at the same time. 1st time I really felt my batch was out of hand. That was new.
The Inward Journey. Cosmic Victorian Tribal Pendant Necklace with Druzy, Virgin Mary, Galaxy Nebula.
The Inward Journey.
But I juiced today, got some new goodies in the mail (to stress myself out more! yay!).
After Many Dark Nights. Cosmic Victorian Tribal Pendant Necklace with Druzy, Virgin Mary, Galaxy Nebula.
After Many Dark Nights. (Sorry Sparrow!)
And time marches on. To think it's almost 10 years now since I moved to Chicago and got on meds and finally became functional and, like, a person.
Lady of Imperfect Worth. Victorian Rustic Gypsy Earrings with Labradorite Iolite Gemstones.
Lady of Imperfect Worth.  (Decided to go with the fucked up image. Scratches and dots and bits of ruined paper. Oh well.)
Time moves so fast now! I feel the life (lives?) I led before meds to be 100x longer than this eyeblink.
Our Lady of the Scattered Stardust. Cosmic Victorian Tribal Pendant Necklace with Druzy, Virgin Mary, Galaxy Nebula.
Our Lady of the Scattered Stardust.
What an unexpected reward these years have been.
Brave Absurdity. Bright Colorful celluloid toy animal duck elephant czech glass earrings. red green blue white.
Brave Absurdity.
Though I often remember I told myself that if I ever deluded myself into thinking that any amount of joy "made up for" my pre-meds suffering, it meant I just didn't remember it well enough. And how could I? How to mentally encompass an experience so alien to your present one? To truly attempt to imagine it is somehow to re-live it. People who can perfectly remember past traumas are, in fact, suffering from PTSD. They're reliving them.
Space-Time. Black Victorian Tribal Steampunk Pendant Choker with Fossil and Compass.
Space-Time.
But that's neither here nor there. Still folks are terrible at putting themselves in the place of others, easily forgetting what it was like to be a child or a newbie or the one not in power. When we get mad without understanding the situation of the other- the child annoying you, the newbie copying your work, the desperate poor illegally crossing our borders. Like when the rich freak out at the thought of being taxed at the same high rate as the poor and it boggles the mind that anyone can be so mean. They're that isolated from others that they don't see the problem.
Every Child a Saviour. Pink Antique Celluloid Kewpie Doll Toy in Gold Leaf Shrine Pendant.
Every Child a Saviour.
Wow, random unexpected rant there! Actually veered into the political. Hu. Well, here's everyone's favorite baby. Still have a handful of almost-dones. Then there's that other project, the packaging, the studio clean-up auto-proposal, the doctor's appointment, that tax thing they sent me, the broken washing machine, the trip to wisconsin....

11 comments:

Juliette said...

Love, love, love. That's all I can say since it encompasses your art, your stories, and what's going on. Very glad I 'know' you.
xoxo Juliette

Penelope said...

Lookit you go! I know what you mean about the time thing- time always feels to fast for me when I'm in the present, an hour can feel like 10 minutes. It's been 9 months since the accident (NINE) and it feels like an eyeblink. But I look back to my carefree hippy days and things seem to have lasted forever. Oddly though, I can't believe I've only been doing this Etsy thing for 4 years...feels like 10!

stregata said...

Nebulas - of the universe and of the mind...

Beatnheart said...

everything you touch is magic...I rejoice in the fact that you feel so whole and well and that you can live a “normal life” whatever that may be...all these stuffs are just wonderful ..I continue to copy or be inspired by what you do as a forever newbie...
please miss...how do ya attach that end thingy offa
the leather ...is it a glued on thing...? what’s going on there...this embossing stuff is great...next tute?
I’m in Wisconsin on the 15th...
your faithful servant.
caw

Louise said...

Wonderful bursts of colour!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the mystery and spontaneity of your work. Enjoying my bangles tut. ;)

Anonymous said...

LOVE the mystery and spontaneity of your work. Enjoying my bangles tut. ;)

Luthien Thye said...

Ay!!! how do you manage to be so frickin productive??? *jealous* have no idea what happened 10 years before ... but you sure came thru victoriously!! xo

Tribalis said...

Fanci,
Today I was thinking about your work and one thought came:
"She is the Queen of the assemblage jewelry!"

Yes, YOU are!!
Stopping by just to say that..
Brazilian hugs..........

rubyd. said...

So many endlessly great things.
You IZ a fabulous designer.

Check out this article from the NYTimes today on accessory designers being the big thing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/09/fashion/accessories-are-hot-for-retailers-and-fashion-students.html?ref=style

Alice said...

What--you live in Chicago? How did I miss that? Dang it I was just there for our family vacation. How fun it would have been to meet you!

Thanks for the reminder that we must walk a mile in their shoes before we start judging. And for those who experience hardships of any kind, it's not always easy to forget or even forgive. Each of us has our own cross to bear.