5/23/12

Oops.

Almost forgot this little guy:
The Fool. Vintage Found Object Assemblage Choker.The Fool.
Clearly I'm on a naming-things-for-archetypes kick...
So but I know what you really want is to see some theeeeeeengs... I don't even know where to start though. It's so massive a collection and I'm trying to keep oversupply panic at bay. 


All these boxes are jam-packed with things. I don't even know what!

 And clearly all these tins will soon enough be cut up into cuffs and stuffs.
This one for example is all embossed and just coated in rust which is somehow also glowy. Breathe. Breathe. No, I'm talking to me.


Why hello there cartoony Madonna and Child.

 Not only is there more bronze than there is blades of grass down yonder, I couldn't find a single piece of brass anywhere or even anyone who knew the word for it.

However, I did learn that to bend bronze you have to heat it. Now I have to get serious with my fire and solder set-up.
Even the cardboard box is fulla stuffs. And old. And little tin pillboxes! I think that's what they are.

You side-eyein' me, Granny? She has a hubby somewhere. Actually, these are from my grandma for my sister. From Germany. Ooh la-la. Wait that's French. How do you say 'ooh la-la' in German? Just yell it angrily? (All I know about German comes from old war movies.)

 That's right, they don't shake salt or pepper, but rather the female rap duo Salt-n-Pepa:
Ok, I can't resist. Let's just open one box and peek.

Squeeeeee!!!!
OK, one more.
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! Ok, ok, one more and then put everything away before you panic.

Ok, do your deliveringababy breathing... Huu-hu-ahh. Huu-hu-ahh. Oh damn, those little boxes there have little things in them too! 
Close it up!!!
Ok, just one more thing. The little pill boxes.


Get in a little closer...


And closer...
KA-POW!
Aw, damn. My brain just exploded all over everything. Goddamn it...

23 comments:

Claire Maunsell said...

Pandora's boxes, you know.....no closing those lids now....

Right Turn ArtWerks said...

My brain "sploded" before you got down to the bottom. The cans are just eating my heart out...I'm swooning you temptress.

I'll have to get my spurs on and see if we can't get you laying some of the treasure trove out into immediate pieces of

Orgazmic delight! Don't daly now.

Jackie said...

Yeah... ^ what she said!!

So many crazy awesome theeeeeeengs ... I love it!

...Jackie xo

Vintajia Adornments said...

Gawd the oceans of the world have risen an inch all due to my drool

Beatnheart said...

damn u beech.

stregata said...

OMG - I think my brain just exploded as well...
BTW - there is no expression of ooolala in German - not even yelled. And we actually don't even yell all the time... at least us civilized, civilian, non-fanatic kind of people...

Tribalis said...

U la la!!!.. just in South America dear Marina! It is genuine..

Flotsam Tide said...

Tiny theengs within theengs, packed in theengs... I think my heart just stopped. Um Stregata's comment is hysterical.

Juliette said...

Ohhh...I was supposed to be sleeping by now so I could get up early tomorrow. But I HAD to look at this post. Holy crap, what a treasure trove!

Juliette said...

Hah!

Juliette said...

Ohhh...I was supposed to be sleeping by now so I could get up early tomorrow. But I HAD to look at this post. Holy crap, what a treasure trove!

anvilartifacts said...

ack! so many amazing theengs means even more amazing theengs when you've had a chance to work! can't wait. Great bunch of stuff you got there, marina. woohoo. you're entitled to a few oversupply brain explosions. :)

Lorelei Eurto said...

those are some nice theeeeengs you got there. enjoy!

Coffeefreek53 said...

wow, and WOW, that is some cool treasure you have there. My slobber is all over the keyboard. I keep sayin' wow, oohhhh, oh man look at that..............and things equally imaginative. Ok, not so imaginative, but really, you got some great stuff there. Deep breathes, deep breathes, there now, don't you feel better.........me neither!

betweenreader said...

This requires a case of the creative trots -- holy sheet, looka da theengses! Totally stultifying.

Lela said...

Apoplexy is a medical term, which can be used to describe "bleeding" in a stroke (formerly described as a cerebrovascular accident). Without further specification, it is rather outdated in use. Among health care professionals, it is used only for specific conditions, such as pituitary apoplexy and ovarian apoplexy. In common speech, it is used non-medically to mean a state of extreme rage or excitement.

Lela said...

APOPLEXY!

...non-medically to mean a state of extreme rage or excitement

Tami said...

SWEET stuff!!! I can just see your gears spinning with ideas! What a treat, thanks for sharing,
Tami

Subconscious Dad said...

Lela, I cracken, I cracken.
Marina, about German granny. The hubby is worth showing (did you find it?). It's an old Bayern (which in Bavarian means Bavarian), with big belly, lederhosen, and Tyrolean hat, holding a beer stein (which in Bavarian is a Steinzeugkrug or something). I bought the pair in 1961 FOR your grandma, when I was bumming around Munich.
What kind of wearable art are you planning with them? If you separate them now, they'll die...

Numinosity said...

Doood! I'm just lucky a few of these photos aren't loading up for me , I think you 'sploded my computer and I'm having an apoplexy of drool as well.

I'm still formulating a response to your journal pages. I'm lucky just to gather up paper when I'm on vacation.

I mean really!

martinisfor2 said...

O M GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i echo everyone above.....sighhhhh

my brain is all over my screen...

gotta go.........bbyyyeeeee....

Petra Carpreau said...

Holy shitting moly!! Like it wasn't all mind-blowingly drooly already, you had to go and take the damn lids off!! Extraordinary hauling!!!!

CraftyHope said...

It's a good thing you were reminding me to breathe as you opened all those tins, because otherwise I could have just laid down and DIED!! I'm swooning over this collection. Such wonderful, wonderful finds!!