11/21/10

Crisis in the fancifuldevices world

(1st pic- a button and cab I assembled with antique French jet stones)
Um. My computer died. Completely died. Since ours is/was a Mac, we have no experience with it breaking down on us and therefore we have no idea what to do. Hubs gots a friend who maybe can kinda help, so if that doesn't work, I think we're gonna get a new one on Tues. Meanwhile. I made a buncha stuff and took crappy pix last night under artificial light and edited them on my dad's computer which has an old version of photoshop that makes no sense to me. No unsharp mask! wtf? Anyways...

Here you see the continuation of my dirty whites obsession...
Ok, you cant tell but that's a Virgin Mary on the worn fabric stuck to a piece of rusty tin w/the curved frame simply layered over it.
A piece of hyper-oxidized hardware into which i've fitted a little bulb. Made an awesome pinky ring, but it'll break w/the slightest bump, so I'm using it as a focal.
Now, am I actually gonna take decent pictures of these and try to list them on my dad's computer from my parents' house? Ugh...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry! Computer problems are a pain in the neck, aren't they? I hope you get yours fixed soon!

Spirited Earth said...

sorry about your computer..
i had a conversation yesterday m the topic: things one cannot have too many of
..tape,rulers,flashlights and i have added computers..one needs several because one or the other is always ( excuse me) crapping out.

Spirited Earth said...

oh a comment about an earlier post.
have you checked out creeks photos she has a fuzzed or darkened edge to her shots..
i don't have unsharp mask either..

Jennifer Valentine Morford said...

(HUGE sigh)...I want unlimited funding to supply my habit and I want it now...I am officially addicted to your work.
These recent pieces are amazing...even with the lighting and computer issues...they still look fantastic...and wonderful...and interesting...and stunning....and did I say amazing?....

Pretty Things said...

Ugh, sorry about the computer! I don't know what I'd do without mine.

But where oh where do you find the coolest things? Rhetorical question, but man you have cool goodies.

stregata said...

Ooooh, computer problems. Ouch. I remember when mine died on me just a year ago. Such a pain... hope things get resolved soon.
Meanwhile, I continue to love your dirty white obsession and the fascinating bits and bobs you find for your work.