3/21/13

OMFG

You gois! Not only am I in this book, um, the very title of it calls me amazing. My brain= BOOM! OMFG, guys, I'm freaking out.
AND it's available for pre-order right fucking now. But it's coming out in October of this very year. And now I'm picturing myself doing a happy dance but I couldn't sleep last night so I can't get myself to actually do one.
In the Stillness. Moon drops on tin and resined paper with labradorite and iridescent lampwork.
In the Stillness. As you can see if you look at my pinterest 'spirit' board, I can't get enough vintage photos of the moon.
When Others Called Me. Rustic, long, pale, victorian tribal assemblage earrings with vintage, antique and art beads.
When Others Called Me. The drops are old stick pins.The Ghost Dancer. White Rustic Tribal Gypsy assemblage earrings with archeological dig finds and polymer art beads.
The Ghost Dancer.  Archeologicals with more shipwreck chunk-a-monks.Exquisite Paradox. Cosmic Rustic earrings with rough amethyst and raku.
Exquisite Paradox. These are similar to a bunch I made before that sold rather well.
The Taste of Eternity. Cluster ring with amethyst, aquamarine and raku.

The Taste of Eternity. I made a big ol' cluster ring! I did not think I would pull it off, but whaddaya know. Unfortunately it is a huge mo'fo', the tightest I could squeeze it down to was a size 8.5. So any of you ladies with big-ass fingers out there, this is for you. Show off those sausages with pride.
And if anyone tries to broach the subject of weight with you, which you and I both know you don't really have any control over, tell 'em:
"Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her."
— Lao Tzu
The Taste of Eternity. Cluster ring with amethyst, aquamarine and raku.
It's a message all of us self-doubting sensitive artist types need to internalize.


"What I am really saying is that you don’t need to do anything, because if you see yourself in the correct way, you are all as much extraordinary phenomena of nature as trees, clouds, the patterns in running water, the flickering of fire, the arrangement of the stars, and the form of a galaxy. You are all just like that, and there is nothing wrong with you at all." — Alan Watts
hello?
You know I've always been mega protective of the meek ladies out there, the shy, the bullied, the ashamed. I know how you guys suffer. I kept finding these quotes last night that applied.

"Spiritual people can be some of the most violent people you will ever meet. Mostly, they are violent to themselves. They violently try to control their minds, their emotions, and their bodies. They become upset with themselves and beat themselves up for not rising up to the conditioned mind’s idea of what it believes enlightenment to be. No one ever became free through such violence. Why is it that so few people are truly free? Because they try to conform to ideas, concepts, and beliefs in their heads. They try to concentrate their way to heaven. But Freedom is about the natural state, the spontaneous and unselfconscious expression of beingness. If you want to find it, see that the very idea of a someone who is in control is a concept created by the mind. Take one step backward into the unknown."
— Adyashanti
why can't i resist you antique moon?
"I think what makes people ill a lot of the time is the belief that your thoughts are concrete and that you’re responsible for your thoughts. Whereas actually — the way I see it — your thoughts are what the wind blows through your mind."
— Thom Yorke
If all this is too serious for you check out this gif called How to Rave:
[via]
I need some more entries for this giveaway. Just comment on the giveaway post. Or here, whatever. If you mention my shop when you blog/face/twit/pin add a link here for an extra entry.

20 comments:

Juliette said...

Congrats, chica!! That's fantastic news about the book. Wow!

I love your mystical cosmic stuff.
xo J xo

dgmidkiff said...

I actually blogged about Your Amazingness a few days ago..along with celebrating my year of being Cancer Free.

Find all here...
http://wondrousstrangedesigns.blogspot.com/2013/03/come-celebrate-with-mecancer-free-for.html

Please enter me in the drawing:) Your work does so inspire:)

dgmidkiff said...

Forgot to say...Congratulations on the book inclusion...can not think of a more deserving artist:)

Jiorji said...

that is AWESOME!!! mixed media artists are so awesome. i used to love throwing everything on my canvas. congrats!!!

i miss painting

Wildthorne said...

LOL I can't believe you included that gif.... it is hilarious. Congratulations on the book inclusion! I can't wait to see it in person. In the Stillness earrings are lovely.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I love your creations and your little bit of snark ;)

Sharon Driscoll said...

I love mixed media and I have enough books here to open a library so I'm loooking forward to this. You ARE an amazing artist.

The newest earrings with the sweeping ear wires are grand.

Anonymous said...

WooHoo! Congrats!!! How fun. You belong there, preserved in the chronicles of Amazing, of course. ;)
On the giant ring- I wasn't expecting you to quote Lao Tzu in response, but to tell us to just take a swing! ;) jk. Gorgeous work as usual. Love the earrings!

rubyd said...

We all know you are amazing. Week after week jewels fall from the sky here.
Congratulations on getting the recognition you deserve.

StaroftheEast said...

Well done, girl, of course you are amazing!

Susanne said...

I'm looking forward to this book :)

I'm curious - how do you treat the photos/pictures that you use for your jewelry? Like the one og the moon on the first pair of earrings? I don't know if you are willing to share but I'd love to do this with some old photos I love.

Susanne said...

I forgot to add - I love your blog, it's very inspiring to me and I often look at it to get into the right mood for painting :)

Shari Replogle said...

Huge Congratulations on the book inclusion, that is so exciting!

Kathy Barrick said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! That's the MOST awesome news!!!! And, of course, we all knew you were amazing already!

martinisfor2 said...

OMG!!! Congrats on the book! We've all been telling you how AMAZING you are. Now it will be out there for the whole world to see!

Your new work is scrumptious! I also love the moon and it's energy.

Already commented on your fabulous giveaway and keeping everything crossed!

martinisfor2 said...

P.S.

I favorite you all over Etsy too! Does that count double??

PipnMolly said...

Kudos on the book bit. Awesome and
well deserved.

Anvil Artifacts said...

Woohoo! Congrats on being in Seth's newest book! How exciting! Looking forward to checking it out.

Tribalis said...

Congrats for the book Marina! You deserve it!
Hugs,
me.

Louise said...

Congratulations talented wonderful woman! I'll be on the lookout for it to give more praise. :)