10/2/10

Rainy, Rainy Saturday


I had a this book of poems as a kid. It started:

It's Saturday, and what a pain,
no school today, just lots of rain....


How appropoe aproppo aproppoe appropo aproupoe fitting.
(I just found out the author, Jack Prelutsky, is literally the first child's poet laureate. Man I love the internet.)

I was able to get lots done, though. Found a neat poem by Tomas Hardy for my 'description' sections and (finally) got these up:
If the World Goes On. Soldered Bookboard and Sacred Heart.If the World Goes On.
Before We Are Clay. Antique Soldered Bookboard Necklace.Before We Are Clay.
Before We Are Clay. Antique Soldered Bookboard Necklace.
Supermassive Black Hole. Soldered Quartz and Indonesian Glass.Supermassive Black Hole.
Supermassive Black Hole. Soldered Quartz and Indonesian Glass.
Indus Valley. Victorian Tribal Cuff.Indus Valley.
I'm actually liking the back of this one:
Indus Valley. Victorian Tribal Cuff.
Next I'm even going to list this beautiful guy in my antiques section:

3 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

I really love how you name things and the literary references you use. I love Jack Prelutsky. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy the day!
Erin

stregata said...

That cuff is delicious! And I love the description/name. A piece of ancient civilisation...

Stefanie said...

They are all pretty, but I'm really in love with the fabric cuff!