12/15/10

One more day!

Because I doubt anyone's coming to class on Friday. I managed to sneak in a little photographing/editing/posting time today, though. I finally found a "brush" or "filter" or "action" to give things the olde looke.
The Interplanetary Horror Vacui. Victorian Tribal Earrings.Thank you SacredCake for finding it for me here.
The Heliopause. Victorian Tribal Earrings.

Cuz instead of being a series of steps, it's just a picture of a viewfinder that you layer over your picture!

Dark Matter. Victorian Tribal Earrings.Here it is but less so.
Silver Bells and Cockle Shells. Victorian Tribal Earrings.And more so.
Lullaby.Compare with a non-vingified version:
Lullaby.
Give up the Ghost. Victorian Tribal Necklace.I'm pricing these a tad steep because of all the sales I've been inundated with of late. Poor me.
A Great Fall. Victorian Tribal Assemblage Necklace.
Tumbling After.  Victorian Tribal Earrings.
Here's a paragraph from a convo I got today from a buyer:
Also--I LOVE the earrings. I wore them to our friends' house for dinner the night I received them, and my friend commented on them so I took them off and she and I actually had the kind of conversation about them that two mothers might have while cradling, oh, I don't know--a newly hatched extinct bird from some other dimension, that was sadly but bravely dying because it wasn't meant for this world--something like that. The delicacy, the details, the belie-ing weight and substance/sturdiness; the impossiblity. I don't even know what to say. This is pathetic perhaps, but when I see the little edwardian-ornate details of the frame encased under the resin like that, I kind of want to cry. I love it. Thank you so much.
Richelle

Isn't that amazing?

6 comments:

richelle said...

Love the ttv--really fits. check out these at flickr--creative commons licensed!
http://www.flickr.com/search/groups/?q=ttv&w=604871%40N20&m=pool

stregata said...

Thanks for sharing - I have been trying to figure out how to do this!
The comment IS amazing - and yet, not surprising. Your work is like that. I have to go drool over your pieces some more...

Penelope said...

You're not steep! If anything your shop is too much of a bargain, considering all the work you do not only in construction but in alteration and prepping, then there's the actual hunting down of the pieces. You is cheap m'love.

Lorelei Eurto said...

I am LOVING how these photos turned out! I'd love to learn how to do something like that. was it tricky??

Love your customer's comment, I can totally see how she would say those things!

Spirited Earth said...

your photos are lovely..as well as your amazing pieces.

~Debi said...

Congrats on the lovely pieces and all the wonderful sales! Your work is awesome and well appreciated. :)