1/17/11

3 more cuz I'm a spaz

The Unknown Valentine. Found Poetry, Dried Roses and Antique Buttons.I made this one so fast and furiously I forgot to Novacan it! But since it's supposed to be all romantic for Valentine's, I guess it's ok. Though maybe I'm just being lazy about having to re-take the pictures.The Unknown Valentine. Found Poetry, Dried Roses and Antique Buttons.The Unknown Valentine.
Oh, and did you know - no one knows who St. Valentine's is! Might not even be one person, since valentine comes from Latin for valiant, so anyone killed by the Romans for being Christians were considered valiant martyrs, and thus were called valiant saints, ie, St Valentine. Also, did you know St Valentine's Day wasn't a romantic holiday until Chaucer? He invented the holiday, like Dickens invented the modern Christmas.  Oh, Wikipedia, you so enrich my life. Sorry to disappoint all y'all who think I just know all this stuff.
They Know Why the Wind Blows. Pocket Knife and Dumortierite.They Know Why the Wind Blows. Pocket Knife and Dumortierite.
They Know Why the Wind Blows. Pocket Knife and Dumortierite.
Also, Malin, you're right. I totally agree one color should be dominant. (That's what they always say in home decorating shows, too.) Ugh! You are so right! What was I thinking? Colors throw me off so much. But it's too late! It's waaaaay too complicated to re-make. But I'll have remember for next time colors come up. Ugh, ugh, ugh.
The First Asylum. Brooch.The First Asylum.

5 comments:

Spirited Earth said...

your makin' some dangerous jewelry there..switch blade necklace ;-)
gorgeous as always

richelle said...

so--Novacan works for brass and metals aside from solder? I had no idea...

stregata said...

I just so love your off-white pieces - they are all magical.

~Debi said...

Love the knife and the valentine pieces! Even though you didn't novacan the first one, it still says "Fanci" all over it.

romantic decay said...

Great pieces, the first asylum . . . very cool.