9/28/10

Monday's Makings

Do I even need to say it? I just took these, it's 1am, so they're gonna look weird. Whatevs. I found these crystals among things Sparrow sent me when we first met, back in the summer of '71. Ah, those were crazy times. Oh, wait- I don't think it was even a year ago...
You can't tell but this little beauty is sorta pointed at both ends, but off-center like an almond eye.
   
I also finally put connecting loops on everything. It just shouldn't be so hard! Well, I figured out how to make it a little easier by making a double loop so the solder had something to stick to. I need a vice. Wait, no, a vise. Making this stuff is my vice.
<--Check it out- finally making this guy into something. I suppose the back'll have to be plain. You already got a lot to take in w/the heart and the chunks of soldered book board.


And a cute simple-ish cuff that came out waaaay to short. I wanted the 2 similar buttons to be spaced apart in a visually pleasing way, but they're just odd. I guess I can cut out the small button, add a chunk of fabric and sew it all back together. I shmeared the chain w/a bit of violet red paint (quinacridone red) and it came out pretty neato.

And being as I am clearly so focused on this, I went into the one class I have to teach on Mondays, which starts at 7:30pm, and went along for a good 15 minutes talking to them like they were my 5:00 class. I was all, "none of you came on Friday!" Finally, after much confusion, they were all, "we don't have class on Friday..." Then I wanted to crawl under the desk. Good thing I'm such a clown and make them laugh so much, it makes them forgive my spacyness...


3 comments:

Regina Moore said...

Loving the soldered book board pieces...so unusual and intereting!

stregata said...

Can't wait to see how the heart piece turns out. And I love the cuff!!

*Debi* said...

Awesome work again!