7/17/10

a fine mess

I forgot that someone asked for before-and-afters of my new studio.So all I ended up with was "durings."  Durings?What an ungodly mess. And every time I even think about organizing, I end up making. But I LOVE IT!So, to feel productive I took pictures of a couple rings to list.This one is an antique button piece layered over a bone game piece over a found beer cap.And this one is a glorious chunk of pyrite. And that's all! I loooooove it! I've had this pyrite forever, wondering how I'd connect it to a ring base. Then I just glued it and went "Duh!"  Have you ever seen such a glorious mineral? Can't decide which picture to use as my first "eye-grabber" shot.

3 comments:

Jennifer Valentine Morford said...

Inspired by you! I received my pyrite nuggets last week....they are even more incredible in person....I'm thinking a necklace is in order, paired with an old silver filigree medallion....
Love the color of your walls!

Penelope said...

I love pyrite! first time I saw it I couldn't believe it was naturally occuring. And they says there are no straight lines in nature. Sez who?!

I need more studio pictures.

fanciful devices said...

science sez! and i'm all about science, despite knowing nothing about it. but i think that's what makes pyrite so spectacular, such a visual surprise. cuz it's so rare to see such straight lines occur in nature.