7/29/10

Through HIM, With HIM, In HIM

SALE ...Farmhouse Romance ..Angel and CrossGarden Statuary PillowFull of Grace Are You.  Soldered Antique Picture Board Pendant.Caroline, N23mircalous filigree braceletgazing toward heaven necklaceComforter of the AfflictedThe Will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you Vinyl Wall Art Decal1846 Christ Restoreth the Blind Antique Currier Hand Colored LithographCrown of Thorns 19th c antique miraculous reliquary old 1800s flaming heart of Jesus applique ooak ex voto assemblage5x7 - Room with a Viewchurch pewOriginal photograph -  Light beams in the Holy SepulchreDIGITAL Download SCAN Antique Postcard SWEET CHILDREN WITH THEIR GUARDIAN ANGEL 300dpi Print 572PAntique GLASS HOLY WATER BOTTLE Art Deco DesignDevotion. Original matted photo. Free Shipping.I Thirst Featured Item on Front Page
chicgiftsbysass made this treasury.  I'm guessing she's not talking about the Finnish metal band HIM?  Do you know that as much as I use religious imagery all the time, it surprised me to be in such a Christian treasury? Because... I use this religious stuff more for its evocative power than for its direct actual intended meaning. But how should anyone else know that?  Er, sorry, any Christian readers.  (I can't much distinguish between all the different kinds.)
OK, so, I'm back at work and I'm miserable knowing that my glorious studio and my magical projects are sitting there ... deserted... while my boss babbles on about forms and filing systems... aaarrrggg!!!!
I just turned into a pirate.

1 comment:

Penelope said...

yeah I was in a 'Jesus rocks' treasury with my necklace I made with the animal bone (you sent me) and a crucifix. I saw the treasury title and I thought 'er....do they know I'm pagan?' I only use the Christian stuff in my work verrrrry rarely, mostly because it looks good, that Catholic gothic look. I just bought a whole bunch of esoteric pendants though for the new work, they're more my deal.