8/12/10

Newsy

A Canal is Torment. Garnet and Quartz Dangles.The Wind of the Wing of Madness. Antique Assemblage Earrings.Become The God You Sought.Some earrings w/the soldered crystals. Also some fabric bits, which I hadn't done like this recently. Got inspired from looking at Sparrow's old shop.  Such awesomeness. (note: the 1st pair already sold! Maybe I'll whip up another...)
Also I'm working on a custom piece for a lovely customer.  I like custom requests that are super open-ended, and include phrases like, "make it look like your stuff."  Not one with pictures of something attached that look nothing like anything I do and involve things like jewler's saws, which I don't use. I'm not crazy about the ones that link back to an elaborate sold necklace of mine asking for one just like it. I never have the parts! Vintage, get it? Earrings is not so bad. But sometimes I just feel like, I already made that, I know what it looks like when finished, so what's the point? But I do seem to keep getting requests for my winterbird earrings
Winterbird.  Kyanite and Silver Earrings.or some permutation thereof, and they're easy enough to make. I do like that someone likes my stuff enough to look at the sold section, so I can't complain.  I guess it's just when they're a pain to make, as in my rose bud or pencil earrings.
Specimen 11. Rose Buds in Vial Earrings.

Graphite Deposit Discovered. Bullet Casing and  Pencil Stub Earrings. Well, but the recent request was simply to make a necklace inspired by a poem about Anne Boleyn. 
Whoso list to hunt, I know where is an hind,
But as for me, hélas, I may no more.
The vain travail hath wearied me so sore,
I am of them that farthest cometh behind.
Yet may I by no means my wearied mind
Draw from the deer, but as she fleeth afore
Fainting I follow. I leave off therefore,
Sithens in a net I seek to hold the wind.
Who list her hunt, I put him out of doubt,
As well as I may spend his time in vain.
And graven with diamonds in letters plain
There is written, her fair neck round about:
Noli me tangere, for Caesar's I am,
And wild for to hold, though I seem tame.
SIR THOMAS WYATT
It was explained to me that "Ceasar" in this case is King Henry the whatevereth, and that the line in Latin is from the Vulgate (latin bible).  It means 'don't touch me, bee-ach!' But it's always translated as "touch me not" just to sound fancy. I thought it meant "you won't have me" but then- tangere...tangible... the lightbulb went off.  After it was explained, that is. But the lovely hasapa, for whom I'm making it.  Again, at first I was all, "Oh, no" b/c folks think that since I use these poems and things in my descriptions, I got the inspiration from the poem first, and it's never ever ever like that. But in this case, the details of the diamonds on the neck and the line in latin actually go my gears churning. And this is what I have so far.
 It includes a round pewter piece from a lot I traded Hummingbirdeyes for a pair of earrings which I just got in the mail, like, 2 days ago.  Oh happy makings!

1 comment:

Jennifer Valentine Morford said...

LOVE the new earrings.....just love them. Makes me wanna break out my soldering gun too....haven't had it out in awhile...
though I'm certain I couldn't make it look nearly as incredible as your stuff.